Wednesday, April 1, 2015

She Has Left the MTC

I don't have much time today, I leave the MTC tonight and will head to Arizona to start my next adventure. I've been praying for people to meet at the airport to share the gospel with them! I'm a missionary with a missionary tag! People see me and they watch what I do, And most importantly, Jesus is watching, so I better represent him well:) This is my scripture I've chosen to share 27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 1 Corinthians 1:27 I just want to say: I'm 19 years old, I have little life experience. And I don't speak very much Spanish. When God is talking about weak things of the world, that's me. When God talks about foolish things of the world, that's me. Why would God call younger and younger missionaries to preach his gospel? Why not educated people who have studied this gospel all their lives and know every single scripture reference and have basically memorized all the scriptures or maybe someone who is actually fluent in the language. Why not call more qualified people?? More qualified than me? There is a saying in this church for every calling we get like "bishop" or "missionary" or "activities coordinator" or "relief society president" The saying is "God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called." I know that to be true. He's qualifying me, by surrounding me with experiences where I can learn from others around me. One of my favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon is this: 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Ether 12:27 I love this, because I can rely on God and he can make me strong. He gives me weaknesses. Weaknesses are a gift!! We are weak so we can become strong and I'm grateful for that hope. I love you all, Sorry for not responding to each person for lack of time, I shall find time to respond next week:) With love, Hermana Poirier heading to AZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment