Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Letter to Jesus

If I could write a letter to Jesus, I think this is what I would say. Dear Jesus, Jesus, the Lord, shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace, Redeemer, Savior, But, most importantly, Jesus my Elder brother. I've never had a brother before. An older Brother to protect me, to beat up those who hurt me, and threaten those who dare try to hurt me. I know you wouldn't be like that. You wouldn't beat someone up, because you are loving. But I know you would protect me. I feel like that's what you are doing now. While I'm here in Arizona talking to these people, all these brothers and sisters of you and me, you're protecting me. Sometimes it's scary, to talk to that person sitting on the sidewalk alone, or talk to that group of young kids who make fun of me, or laugh at me. But then I think about what you went through for me. I know that when you suffered and then died on the cross for me, that you were thinking of me. That you had me in your mind. That you looked towards God and asked "Why hast thou forsaken me?" You asked that because you knew that I would ask, at some point in my life, or at several points in my life, you knew that I would ask God, my heavenly father "Why has thou forsaken me?" You asked God that, because you knew how I was feeling. I know I didn't even go through nearly .00000000001 percent of what you went through. But I know that you still suffered, and the pains you suffered, are the pains that I sometimes feel. I talked with my companion today, you know Sister Sullivan, our dear sister. And she explained to me that you don't want me to have to suffer, EVER. And that's why you thought of me, when you suffered for me. I read in the scriptures, in the Book of Mormon and in the Bible, about the apostles and disciples that you have called. And they talk about you. I found a scripture and it says "And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men" (1 Nephi 19:9) And it makes me sad. That the world did that to you. They spit upon you, they smote you, they judged you, they scourged you, and that you suffered it, and kept suffering it, because of me, and all the other children, all of your brothers and sisters. But, then, after you suffered it, you lived. You came back to live, you overcame death, you resurrected And you live. I know that you live Jesus. I know it. And because you live, you can comfort me, because you live you can be here for me. I read in Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" This is what you told those that you were ministering to. You want us to come unto you, you want us to yoke with you, to be with you, and have you beside us to bear the burdens with us. Because your yoke is easy, your burdens are light! And when we come unto you, then our burdens too can be light! Jesus, that's why I am a missionary now. I wear a name tag, and the name tag says JESUCRISTO or JESUS CHRIST, in bold. Because I'm yoking with you, I'm giving you my burdens, and I'm going forth as a disciple of Christ as you have called me to be! And my burdens are made light because of you. Because when you knelt down in the Garden Of Gethsemane, where Luke Explains in chapter 22: 44 "And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground" I know when you prayed more earnestly, you were thinking of me, and all our other brothers and sisters, and suffering all their pains. Then, after that, you go back to your disciples and find they have fallen asleep, and then Judas betrays you, Pilate convicts you, the Jews say "crucify him" and you bear that cross, until your death. My burdens are light because you bore my pain, you bore my grief, you bore every single thing. My burdens are light because of you Jesus. I am eternally grateful. I can never repay you, but I will do my best to be my best, because of how much you have done for me. I love you my elder brother Jesus Christ, I know that you live, you overcame the chains of death. I know you will come again someday, and I will get to hug you, and I will thank you, and cry at your feet, praising your name. Thanks for being the best brother that I've ever had. And I testify and pray and write these things in your name, because YOU are the savior, Jesus Christ, Amen. With Dear Love, Sister Libbie Poirier

No comments:

Post a Comment