Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Dive through the Sky

Skydiving:

Although thrilling and exciting, It wasn't scary.

Maybe you don't believe me, but even the guy that was strapped behind me and pulling the shoot, told me that he was surprised at how calm I was, and that I wasn't even scared.

I honestly thought I would be scared. I thought I would be freaked out, and it would be so scary, especially while preparing and getting on the plane and jumping out, and then free falling for 60 full seconds until the shoot was pulled.

For me, it wasn't scary at all.

I don't really know why.

I can really only contemplate it, and, all I've got is connecting it to my life here on earth and God.

Before we came to the earth, we were with God. He loved us, AND we loved him. We had the option before earth, if we wanted to follow Satan, or Jesus. By following Jesus, we chose to come to this wonderful, beautiful, glorious earth. We chose that we wanted to have a home for our spirits, that's why we were given a body. 9 months of preparation...  we were all made in our mommy's tummy's and then out we came, body and spirit, to make us a soul.

I think, the reason that I wasn't scared, is because there was someone who was strapped to me, who had done this before, and had all knowledge of exactly what to do to make us land safely.

I knew where the destination was, and I knew where the jump was. All that I didn't know, was the in-betweens. The soaring through the air, when the shoot was going to be pulled, when we would do flips in the air, or spin round and round till I felt sick, and then suddenly stop spinning and just see the beautiful ocean with all the mountains, and realize that I'm on an island 14 thousand feet in the air, and then slowly but steadily as we made a landing on the ground and the ride was over, and I felt good, and we gave a hi-five and a hug, and he said, "good job!"

I think that it's a bit like life. We know where we came from, we came from our parents, and we essentially came from God before this life. And we know where we are going, we are going to return to God.

It's just all the in-betweens that we don't know.

But if we trust and follow the instructions, we will make it safe.

I was instructed to make sure that I was wearing the gear safely, that I had my eye goggles strapped on, that I would tuck in during the jump, and then I would open my arms and fly when I was tapped on the shoulder too. And then as we were landing, that I would life my legs up and we could make it safely to the ground.

I followed my instructions, and my instructor lead me safely to where I need to go.

God is the instructor, he is leading us, guiding us, prompting us, helping us. He is strapped to us, wanting to be with us everywhere we go.

It's only when we decide we don't want him anymore, that things get scary. That if we choose to unstrap ourselves from God and try to get away, that's when life gets even harder. That's when you don't see any plan for your life and you don't know if you're going to land safely or not. At first it may feel fun, being all alone, but then when you realize you're all alone, that's when you feel like you have no one to surround you or be with you at all.

But that doesn't mean that God won't come swooping in and strap you in, if you just ask.
And God is all powerful and all wonderful, and he can come flying through the sky so fast and pick you up. No matter how close you are to the ground or how far off the path you are.

God will pick you right up and help you land safely.

I think that's why I wasn't scared.

I know that sky-diving had a plan, it had a course, and I truly trusted and believed, that I would land safely back to where I wanted to go, and after I arrived, I would have one huge experience that I had never experienced before.

God is a sky-dive instructor, God is my hero, God is guiding me, and instructing me where to go, and he is making sure that I am safe all the way home. Home where I can give him a big hug, I can tell him "THANKS!" and he can hug me back, and tell me "Good Job, Congratulations, You did it."

I know this is the truth, I know that God is always here, God will always guide us safely through the unknown skies, and if we are smart and lucky enough, we will look at where we are at in the sky, and just enjoy the beauty in all of it.


In Jesus Christ's Sacred name, I pray,

-Amen






Sky Diving with Malia, Minlief, Alecsa, and ME

2 comments: